Program Coordinator - Valve Center
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-19
This position works with UVAMC, Cardiology and Heart Center team members and leadership as it pertains to the oversight, maintenance and support of the Valve Center within the University of Virginia Medical Center.
- Support workgroup leads through workgroup planning, facilitation, task execution, and/or communication support.
- Introduction of new valves and procedures, contact for Strategic Marketing- materials, strategy implementation.
- Assist workgroup leads with content and research support to progress the project.
- As initiatives progress, may engage with workgroup leads to identify external project support.
- Conduct regular project review sessions with workgroup leads to monitor progress against timelines, including issue audits and mitigation steps.
- Streamlining and helping to develop care models – both a hybrid staffing model and a process flow of existing valve program.
- Develop and review analytical work products for accuracy, completeness and help frame the analysis for leadership decision-making. Independently retrieve, interpret, and analyze data from a wide variety of sources including valve registry and patient data. Provides effective project consultation and facilitation to ensure projects meet goals and objectives as defined by leadership.
- Prepare and share reports with leadership to review status, important issues, and barriers that impact progress of all active and upcoming projects including the Valve Dashboard.
- May periodically re-evaluate key dependencies and stakeholders to help inform leadership of decisions relating to resource allocation and organizational management which includes the Valve Operations Team and prospective 30, 60 90 day efforts.
- May draw upon healthcare knowledge, trends, and experiences to execute tasks, inform analysis and evaluate issues for leadership discussion such as Market Watch Valve.
- May assist leadership to define project budgets and assist with the monitoring of progress against budgets.
- Every valve insertion is reviewed against DRG assignment, billing, track denials etc.
- Coordinates and supports necessary activities to maintain stated project goals with multidisciplinary teams that impact Cardiology/Valve Center. Collaborates with key stakeholders to support training plans while coordinating logistics and identifying and creating training materials to support the center.
- Includes tracking of compliance, as well as setting up feedback mechanisms to managers for compliance.
- Develops strategies, policies, and/or procedures with project lead(s) for consideration through various committees. Resolves conflicts and negotiates with others, such as handling complaints and settling disputes. Participates as a project team member to accomplish the outcomes of the project
- Recognizes who and when to bring in others to assist in the accomplishment of the project.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Stays up to date and informed with current literature, as well as participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in areas relevant to assigned projects.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: Three years of clinical/healthcare experience
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive); Repetitive motion: computer keyboard. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 - 100lbs. May be exposed to noise, radiation, radioactive materials, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.