IT Manager Student Health and Wellness
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-18
The University of Virginia's Department of Student Health and Wellness is seeking an IT Manager. The IT Manager provides leadership and management of the Department's IT function.They assimilate technical opportunities and challenges and develop alternatives and possibilities for recommendation and implementation within established time frame and budget. They lead and develop staff to accomplish organizational priorities.
The IT Manager's responsibilities include:
- Manage the design, installation, modification and operation of information technology and communications equipment for Student Health and Wellness.
Provide project management including a review of the current electronic medical record (EMR) as well as collecting requirements for a possible replacement. Develop, maintain and communicate project plans and schedules, allocate resources, assign tasks, prioritize requirements, provide reports and communicate progress. May devise and implement solutions to complex technical problems.
- Foster collaboration and liaisons with other managers, both within the Student Health and Wellness and the University with external sources to facilitate ideas, develop initiatives or solutions, or for project management planning and implementation.
- Plan purchases of information technology hardware, software, peripherals, or services. Evaluate vendor proposals or products and recommend new technologies that will achieve efficiencies, provide additional capabilities, enhance current processes, or eliminate risks. Ensure vendor products and services meet specifications and policies. Provide costs to Director of Administration for budgeting purposes.
- Coordinate with ITC or other centralized IT organizations when necessary to ensure consistency of processes and policies and to leverage vendor pricing structures where possible.
- Manage staff by leading and influencing; encourage and develop plans for career and professional development. Create opportunities for employees to gain work experience utilizing new skills. Supervise programming and help desk staff.
Develop and implement departmental standards, policies and procedures. Set standards and solicit feedback to ensure effective use of resources. Ensure issues are addressed timely, competently, and to the customer's satisfaction. Communicate administrative policies, procedures and updates to staff.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred and at least three years of relevant experience is required.
The successful candidate will pass both a background check and a drug screen. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for 'IT Manager.' Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for R0017141, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the "Resume" box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. Preference will be given to applications received by August 28, 2020. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.