Program Administrator (Financial Aid-WCC)
Category:: Staff Positions
Department:: Administrative Services Division
Locations:: Valhalla, NY
Posted:: Aug 19, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: PAFA81920
Position ID:: 124352
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, an incumbent of this class administers the disbursement of financial aid funds at Westchester Community College. The financial aid funds administered are generally those provided under various Federal Title IV programs, New York State tuition assistance programs, and grants and Guaranteed Student Loans programs. Financial aid funds also include scholarships, as well as all other third party reimbursement programs, such as those provided through corporate and government agencies. Supervision is exercised over support staff. The Program Administrator (Financial Aid-WCC):
- Develops, plans, implements and evaluates the college's financial aid disbursement and aid programs, reporting for the various funding sources, as well as ensures full compliance with federal, state, private, local and internal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Communicates to the college administration proposed financial aid disbursement changes and/or new fiscal requirements; analyzes and advises administrators on the impact of the changes;
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes periodic reports to evaluate progress toward fiscal goals; prepares reports of findings; develops financial aid disbursement analysis as specified by independent auditors;provides oversight to the National Direct Student Loan program, including third party collection services employed the college to collect delinquent student loans;
- Supervises and participates in all third party tuition reimbursement billings; provides financial resolution to disputed financial aid disbursements, i.e. eligibility under federal and state guidelines;
- Guides the development of new software applications to conform to the administrative requirements of federal, state and private funding sources and coordinates the implementation of system updates to the college's student accounts receivable systems;
- Establishes and maintains an annual calendar of events to schedule the multiple financial aid disbursements throughout the academic year;
- All other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting Finance, Economics, or a closely related field, and three years of experience where the primary function of the position was in the field of education with at least one year of direct experience in the field of student financial aid at a post-secondary institution required. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of financial aid funding mechanisms at the post-secondary school level; thorough knowledge of Title IV federal aid programs, New York State Higher Education tuition assistance and grant programs, and Guaranteed Student Loan programs; knowledge of automated financial aid disbursement interfaces with institutional accounting systems; and the ability to plan and direct the work of staff, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing is required. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and advanced spreadsheet capabilities are also required. All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice in all college policies, practices, and personnel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: One (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity is strongly preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary is $78,066 plus excellent benefits.
Applicants must apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please login to: https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.
The College will provide equal opportunity in all of its employment practices to all persons without unlawful discrimination on the basis of political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, or use or non-use of lawful products off College premises during nonworking hours, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.