Senior Enterprise Desktop Engineer & Support Team Lead
Senior Enterprise Desktop Engineer & Support Team LeadTracking Code210077 Job Description
JCCC is searching to fill our open Senior Enterprise Desktop Engineer & Support Team Lead position.
The Enterprise Desktop Engineer & Support Team Lead is responsible for resolving technical service issues by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures. Position meets customer satisfaction by providing technical advice, guidance and informal training to customers using hardware and software programs in the academic instructional spaces. Position also performs other duties as assigned by the Director Office Computing Support and/or in coordination with the ATS team.
- END USER EQUIPMENT LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT – Responsible for the initial deployment, maintenance, repair and disposal of computers, tablets, printers, and scanners for assigned JCCC organizational units
- COORDINATION OF VENDOR/ONSITE REPAIRS OF END-USER HARDWARE - Provide Tier II/III support for the onsite repairs of PCs, Macs, printers and laptops utilized across functional areas. Acts as a liaison for securing vendor-provided repairs
- PROJECT TECHNICAL SUPPORT - Provide project support and leadership when applicable for departmental technology initiatives
- LEADERSHIP - Provide guidance and motivation to part-time technical staff and serve as a back-up to senior level Academic Technology Services staff
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Computer or Management related area, or equivalent combination of completed college-level classes, technology related certifications plus relevant work experience
- Extensive understanding of the operating systems and infrastructure that supports it including active directory policies, groups, and users
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work directly with end users, and technical staff and vendors when troubleshooting support issues
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
Bachelor's degree in a Computer or Management related areaRequired Experience
- 3 years' prior client technologies support experience within the last 5 years
- 2 years’ experience utilizing a desktop management and application delivery program such as JAMF,CMS, SCCM, or LanDesk
- Experience working with VMware or other virtualization products
- Enterprise-level support experience with mobile devices, printers, and other end user hardware
- 2-3 years supporting Apple computers and tablets in a large environment
- Project management experience
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular