Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Academic Advising;Facilities Services
Job ID: 5478
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
- The maintenance mechanic oversees the skilled maintenance, repair and installation of mechanical, pneumatic, and steam control equipment.
- Repairs and troubleshoots plumbing, air handling equipment, hot water systems, and heating/cooling systems.
- Communicates with vendors and utilities for services or assistance.
- Completion of work orders for the campus community.
- Inspection of Mechanical space and building support system, making reports and creating work orders for maintenance or repair.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance of Equipment as assigned.
- Occasionally assist other shops and mechanics in the performance of their duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to push or pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to repair/troubleshoot heating, cooling and air handling equipment.
- Installation and repairs of various pumps, motors, valves.
- Knowledge of energy management system.
- Knowledge and experience with various hand tools, power tools, testers.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Washington State driver’s license
- Ability to obtain an Operating Class IV Boiler Fireman certification (City of Tacoma) within a year period
- 4 years of relevant experience
- This is a skilled craftsman position which requires continued education to maintain licenses as required by the State of Washington and the City of Tacoma.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HR92PRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;