Posting DetailsPosition TitleAdjunct FacultyDivisionProvostMajor DepartmentCollege of Arts and SciencesDepartmentKinesiologyLocationLa Verne Central CampusJob Description
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Department of Kinesiology invites applications for adjunct faculty positions to teach the Yoga Alliance YA-200 yoga instructor certification program courses. The adjunct faculty will teach two courses in fall: KINE 007 003 Yoga (for instructors); KINE 307 002 Group Exercise Instruction and Management (for Yoga Instructors). Adjunct faculty will conduct syllabi revision and management of students’ practice hours for YA certification applications.Required Qualifications
YA E-RYT 500 certification
Experience with remote course delivery required.
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting NumberAF033PJob Open Date08/13/2020Job Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsAdvertising SummaryPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- * Which courses are you interested in/able to teach? Be sure to include department name and course number.
(Open Ended Question)
- Graduate School Transcripts
- List of 3-5 Professional References
- Cover Letter
- Student Evaluations
- Sample Materials