Posting DetailsPosition TitleAdjunct FacultyDivisionProvostMajor DepartmentCollege of Arts and SciencesDepartmentKinesiologyLocationLa Verne Central CampusJob Description
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Department of Kinesiology invites applicants for an adjunct position as Pilates activity instructor. Classes to be conducted remotely including both synchronous and asynchronous sessions. Course syllabus update and submission to department chairs expected prior to the start of the fall 2020 semester.Required Qualifications
Certification as a Group Exercise Instructor, with proof of successful Pilates teaching experience.Preferred Qualifications
Experience with conducting Zoom class meetings.Benefits Summary
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting NumberAF032PJob Open DateJob Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsAdvertising SummaryPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- * Which courses are you interested in/able to teach? Be sure to include department name and course number.
(Open Ended Question)
- List of 3-5 Professional References
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Teaching Evaluations
- Sample Materials
- Course Syllabi