Research Assistant Professor
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-18
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Job Title: Research Assistant Professor
The Research Assistant Professor is expected to independently plan and conduct experimental protocols, analyze and interpret research data, continuously devise new approaches to problems as well as plan, conduct, and coordinate all phases of the work. The individual in this position may receive general supervision and technical guidance on unusual or complex research issues. Projects undertaken and research goals may require approval from higher-level authority, but often are the responsibility of the individual.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute significantly to project design, execution, and interpretation.
- Design and initiation of research: conceiving the research project, interacting with stakeholders, committees, developing funding source(s), communicating results to stakeholders, defining unit goals, allocating resources.
- Set priorities, acquire resources, monitor budgets, measure progress and prepare reports.
- Carry out independent research in field of specialization.
- Engage in teaching activities and train lower level laboratory personnel and students.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong work habits and ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Demonstrated project management experience in conducting complex research projects in an academic environment.
- Preference will be given to applicants performing cutting edge research in diabetes.
- Applicant must have a PhD in related field or equivalent area.
- Two years of Post-Doctoral experience.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:FacultyPay Grade:50