DescriptionIt is a transformational time at the University of Colorado with digital education playing a key role in the future of the university. The Office of Digital Education shares the mission to serve the needs of businesses committed to advancing workforce talent, and to reach adult learners and the community with innovative educational programs, is searching for a full-time university staff (unclassified) SEO Analyst position. The Office of Digital Education reports to the President and all four campus Chancellors and is leveraging the combined expertise of these innovative units to advance the campus’ capabilities to support the needs of today’s employers. As such, the unit is entering a period of rapid evolution and growth. The investment by the President’s Office in the Office of Digital Education, combined with recent commitments focused on online education by the University of Colorado Board of Regents, makes this a rare and exciting opportunity to work with this team.
Position SummaryThe Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst is responsible for analyzing, developing, and executing SEO web initiatives for the Office of Digital Education. Working in conjunction with the web development team, this position is accountable for the search engine optimization (SEO) outcomes while expanding website functionality and user engagement that is focused on increasing visibility, visits, and awareness of ODE in online settings.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Recruitment and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff System.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesDuties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Tracks, measures, and interprets marketing, recruitment, and retention SEO data within various marketing channels
- Builds customized dashboards and predictive analytics for review by clients, stakeholders, and leadership
- Serves as the subject matter expert for Marketing, IT, and internal clients regarding SEO best practices and methodologies
- Assures quality of the website and helps to coordinate content with strategic communication strategies and tactics for university projects and initiatives
- Develops, manages, and implements strategic search engine optimization page plans based on competitive market analysis, constraints, and SEO best practices and methodologies
- Assists social media team in the development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities and in coordination with SEO and strategic goals
- Maintains knowledge of and passion for new developments, trends, and technologies in the SEO space
- Assists ODE Online initiatives in analyzing the effectiveness of paid search campaigns and identifying synergies within SEO strategies
- Conducts competitive analyses to determine long-term position strategies
- Optimizes copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Creates and coordinates an annual SEO content plan for top-level ODE website and initiatives
The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
What we offer:Salary: The hiring range has been established at $75,000-$80,000, and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado has been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and has issued furloughs for select employee groups. This position may be subject to furlough. You can visit our furlough FAQ for more information.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesTo be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of and passion for marketing and digital marketing principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Knowledge of and proficiency in hypertext markup language (HTML)/cascading style sheets (CSS), including modifying links, inputting and modifying google analytics code, page content changes, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices, such as SEO “friendly” site architecture, tags, coding, site speed optimization, link building, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of organic search (algorithms, ranking factors, copywriting, schema mark-up)
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others
- Oral, written, and listening communication skills, including the ability to accurately interpret what others are saying and convey messages, information, concepts, and details clearly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to examine data and trends in order to identify themes and produce results
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work with others from different areas and backgrounds to reach a common goal by sharing knowledge and strategy and maintaining constant communication
- Creative skills, including the ability to ask questions, generate new ideas, experiment, make observations, and develop connections between disparate concepts
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines, manage appointments, create schedules, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and make decisions
- Ability to self-start and take initiative, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and stay on task when completing special projects and daily assignments
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic, positive problem-solving attitude, and enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to be cognizant of and address details
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collegial relationships with staff, faculty, students, and departmental representatives across the university
- Ability to follow and uphold ethical guidelines, standards, and integrity Ability to work with business leaders in forecasting, budgeting, sensitivity analysis, and business modeling
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Four (4) years’ experience working in search engine marketing (SEM) and SEO, which includes experience with website analysis using SEO tools (e.g. crawlers, analytics platforms, CMS, marketing software, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in business, marketing, advertising, communications, public or media relations, social science, data science, or related field of study
- Seven (7) years’ experience working in SEM and SEO
- Experience building customized dashboards and predictive analytics reports/visuals
- Experience working with popular keyword tools (e.g. Google, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery, etc.)
- Experience implementing organic search improvements and measuring impact
- Experience in higher education or digital/online education marketing
- Familiarity and experience with SEO suites and tools (e.g. STAT, Moz, SEMRush, Majestic, Botify, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Brightlocal, and DeepCrawl)
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Aug 11, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing