Marketing Production and Traffic Specialist
DescriptionIt is a transformational time at the University of Colorado with digital education playing a key role in the future of the university. The Office of Digital Education shares the mission to serve the needs of businesses committed to advancing workforce talent, and to reach adult learners and the community with innovative educational programs, is searching for a full-time university staff (unclassified) Marketing Production and Traffic Specialist position. The Office of Digital Education reports to the President and all four campus Chancellors and is leveraging the combined expertise of these innovative units to advance the campus’ capabilities to support the needs of today’s employers. As such, the unit is entering a period of rapid evolution and growth. The investment by the President’s Office in the Office of Digital Education, combined with recent commitments focused on online education by the University of Colorado Board of Regents, makes this a rare and exciting opportunity to work with this team.
Overview of the Position:As the Marketing Production and Traffic Specialist you will work directly with team members in the Office of Digital Education and CU South Denver to ensure projects are prioritized, tracked, coordinated, scoped, assigned, and delivered on time. This includes working with graphic designers, copywriters, marketing managers, paid search specialists, Salesforce administrators, meeting and event staff, and a variety of freelancers and external vendors.
Through resource and schedule management the Marketing Production and Traffic Specialist will establish, manage, and monitor the production and workflow of multiple simultaneous projects, team members, and resources. You will track and coordinate the development of marketing materials and other projects from initial scoping, through the design process, review, and into the final stages of approval and delivery.
You will be expected to work with both internal teams as well as external vendors. You will develop a heightened understanding of the talent on our team and in conjunction with the Director of Creative Services, assign and resource projects accordingly, keeping strengths and bandwidth in mind. Partnering closely with creative, marketing, and events leaders, you will anticipate new projects and delegate resources appropriately.
As Marketing Production and Traffic Specialist you are highly organized and efficient. You will have the opportunity to create and design new processes, implement project management best practices, and improve the use of project management software such as Monday.com.
This position will report to the Director of Creative Services, with dotted-line accountability to the Sr. Director of Marketing & Recruitment. While this is not a design role, you may be required to execute occasional, light production design tasks as needed (e.g. minor layout revisions or updates to existing artwork, etc.), so demonstrated working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitates communication with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. graphic designers, copywriters, marketing managers, paid search specialists, Salesforce administrators, meeting and events staff, freelancers, vendors, etc.) to support the creative and marketing process
- Partners with creative, marketing and events team members and leaders to assess talent and execute project resourcing decisions
- Maintains a deep understanding of team members’ responsibilities, skills, strengths, and bandwidth
- Partners closely with marketing, creative and meeting and events departments to ensure project work is delegated accordingly
- Maintains constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects
- Resolves problems, answers questions, and assigns and prioritizes work
- Manages, monitors, and tracks multiple project workflows with resourcing in mind
- Establishes and maintains a resource management tracking process via a shared project management software (e.g. Monday.com)
- Cultivates, negotiates and manages relationships with external contributors and agencies
- Liaises with various team members and outside vendors to facilitate freelance requests
- Prepares and disseminates internal reporting through formalized reports for internal use on a regular basis
- Compiles and shares performance and key measurement reports with leaders and business partners
- Prepares invoices for payment and follows up with external vendors and the ODE financial team
The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
What we offer:Salary: The hiring salary has been established at $65,000-$70,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado has been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and has issued furloughs for select employee groups. This position may be subject to furlough. You can visit our furlough FAQ for more information.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of the structure and operations of a creative and/or marketing agency
- Knowledge of project and resource management methodologies, tools, processes, principles, and best practices
- Oral, written, and listening communication skills, including the ability to accurately interpret what others are saying and convey messages, information, concepts, and details clearly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to examine data and trends in order to produce results
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines, manage appointments, create schedules, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and make decisions
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work with others from different areas and backgrounds to reach a common goal by sharing knowledge and strategy and maintaining constant communication
- Project management skills, including the ability to organize data and materials, solve problems, negotiate with others to reach a common objective, communicate information and changes, adapt to shifting priorities, manage conflict, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple concurrent and competing tasks and responsibilities while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Ability to learn and utilize marketing and creative programs (e.g. Content Management System [CMS], Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (i.e. Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Three (3) years of marketing project management experience
- Bachelor’s or post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in marketing, advertising, communications, business, or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience managing projects, resources, and marketing or business activities, which may include one or more of the following:
- Experience with project management software (e.g. Monday.com)
- Experience working in a creative and/or marketing agency
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite or similar program
- Experience working with or in an institution of higher education
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Aug 13, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing