Systems Analyst Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202006105001 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $41,300 - $71,400 Position Information UCR Extension is the continuing and professional education division of the University of California, Riverside offering over 80 programs and certificates to domestic and international students. Extensions Department of Information Technology is responsible for providing support to the organization users and managing the many systems including Canvas, Zoom, Microsoft Applications and user interfaces, DestinyOne, Moodle, and more. This entry-level Sytems Analyst role will support the organization's adaption of new instructional technologies, and data visualization and business intelligence systems. This is a one -year contract position with full benefits. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required Experience with online Learning Management Systems (Canvas and Moodle) and online instructional tools (LTIs, plugins, Zoom, Yuja). Preferred Experience with Microsoft Power BI data visualization application. Preferred
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required
Minimum Requirements Basic knowledge of computer security best practices and policies. Ability to put knowledge into practice.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Basic knowledge relating to the design and development of software.
Demonstrated ability to install software and troubleshoot basic problems with computing devices, peripherals and software. Basic understanding of system performance monitoring and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance.
Basic knowledge of several areas of IT.
Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner.
Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Basic understanding of data management operations and database administration.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of querying various database systems with the use of query language and tools.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position