Senior Applications Programmer
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required
Minimum Requirements Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Intermediate knowledge of secure software development.
Demonstrated broad problem solving skills.
Demonstrated software repository skills. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
Thorough experience with common programming tools. Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
Demonstrated ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
Demonstrated ability to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals.
Proven communication skills, including both written and oral communication. Willingness and ability to work productively in group settings. Proactive and self-driven task management ability and approach.
Preferred Qualifications At least 2-3 years of experience with tools and procedures relevant to the tasks and duties outlined in the job summary.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position