Export Control Officer/COI Analyst (6230U) - 9895
Export Control Officer/COI Analyst (6230U) - 9895 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 1, 2020
RAC is the administrative office at UC Berkeley responsible for facilitating and ensuring campus compliance with federal, state, and university regulations pertaining to research administration, including policies governing research animal care and use, human research subjects protection, financial conflict of interest in research, and grants and contracts administration.
- Supports the development and revision of procedures, policies, and guidelines related to COI and export control compliance.
- Provides education and training on COI and export control compliance for investigators through the development and delivery of face-to-face training, on-line educational materials, printed materials and other web-based resources.
- Applies professional knowledge of export control regulations to determine compliance responsibilities, classify technology and controlled items, apply for licenses as needed, advise other units on export control provisions in contract language, and respond to government information requests.
- Supports COI Coordinator in advising committee on COI issues related to sponsored funding, outside research income, and other highly complex issues for research projects.
- Classifies and analyzes disclosures related to conflict of interest issues.
- Participates in general administrative support of office with customer service (e.g., general email responses, record keeping, answering phone calls, supporting committee operations, and preparation of decision letters.)
- Demonstrates self-discipline and sound, independent judgment in completing assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply all of the applicable federal, state, and University regulations, policies, and guidelines to COI and export control issues associated with campus research projects. Thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research design; scientific research concepts and terminology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in public speaking, writing and campus online systems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and competing deadlines (i.e., excellent time management and organizational skills).
- Ability to work with a diverse range of customers/stakeholders with excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- At least one year, full-time, of relevant compliance experience in export controls and/or COI fields.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, Career position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=9895&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency