Assistant Professor Psychology
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-30
Job TitleAssistant Professor PsychologyAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentPsychology & Special EdProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Statement concerning research interests
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Psychology and Special Education in the College of Education and Human Services at Texas A&M University-Commerce anticipates a tenure-track assistant professor position with responsibilities in support of our NASP-approved Specialist in School Psychology program and undergraduate Psychology major beginning Spring 2021. Individuals must have a doctorate in School Psychology or a closely related field. Degrees from an APA-approved and/or NASP-approved program are preferred. Preference will be given to individuals that are licensed or license eligible, have higher education teaching experience, have a strong record or potential for of research, experience supervising/advising students, and experience in obtaining external funding is highly desirable.
The position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position, at the Assistant Professor rank. Summer teaching is optional but not guaranteed. The position will primarily serve the School Psychology program but may contribute to other graduate and undergraduate courses.
Texas A&M University-Commerce offers more than 100 degrees at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels to over 12,000 students. Located one-hour East from downtown Dallas, Commerce is a community with a rich combination of local music, festivals and other unique entertainment. Texas A&M University Commerce is actively working towards Hispanic Serving Institution status in order to better serve this fastest-growing demographic group of the state and region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain excellence in teaching, service, and scholarly/creative activities.
- Work to ensure continuous NASP accreditation.
- Provides direction and supervision for the School Psychology students and program.
- Serves on selected departmental, college and university committees.
- Education: Earned doctorate in School Psychology, or a closely related field from an APA or NASP-accredited institution.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Preferred qualifications include evidence of supervising and advising students. Record or potential for research and publication at national/international level and ability to pursue funded research. Experience or capacity to teach graduate and undergraduate psychology courses. Ability to work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary setting. Commitment to diversity and working in multicultural contexts.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Licensed or license eligible as a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) &/or Licensed Psychologist (LP)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.