Federal Work Study - Office of Financial Aid
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Office of Financial Aid Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Office of Financial Aid is seeking an organized, energetic student to support the Executive Director and Associate Director of Financial Aid. As a student representative of the Office of Financial Aid Services, the student in this position will be actively involved providing quality customer service to the campus community, and must positively portray a professional demeanor at all times.
- Assist in distribution of information to Federal Work Study supervisors as well as answering questions in the supervisor email account.
- Provide support in the creation and updates of process maps.
- Light administrative support such as making copies, organizing various confidential documents, and data entry.
- Assist and participate in various campus activities as a financial aid representative.
- Assist with financial aid triage when needed.
- Assists the Executive Director and Associate Director in the development and implementation of special projects.
- Assist with answering the GGC Departmental email.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a Federal Work Study Award.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College and be able to maintain confidentality.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion in performing confidential personnel matters.
- Ability to be highly organized, attentive to details, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic understanding of financial aid processes and procedures.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt