Resource Development Coordinator
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Summary of Position: The Resource Development Coordinator is responsible for designing and implementing competitive funding plans in federal, state, and private grantmaking to support Western priorities, programs, and initiatives.
This job posting is a blind application, therefore the selection team members will not be able to see your name. For this reason, we are not accepting any resumes or cover letters. The only information that will be reviewed is what is submitted on the application. Essential Functions
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Resource Development - Supporting Action/Tasks May Include:
- Develop federal and state grant projects using best practices in grantwriting and ethical decision-making; following Western procedures and the Grants Dept. Handbook as a guide.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with System office coordinators of state projects.
- Identify potential challenges threatening grant revenue and make appropriate recommendations to supervisor.
- Monitor, compile, and delegate existing project writing requirements so projects are completed within internal and external deadlines.
- Work with other WTCS colleges as needed on state projects
5. Project Management - Supporting Action/Tasks May Include:
- Research and then coordinate opportunities with grant funding requests across the college.
- Manage timelines and deliverables in developing and writing winning federal and state grant proposals.
- Through feedback, suggest improvements to workflows or processes, including grants management and tracking of reporting information.
- Help monitor grant-writing capacity, create/track timelines, and document all stages of project.
- Coordinate with Grants and Reporting Specialist on reporting and compliance of smaller projects or state formula grants.
6. Coordination with Internal Partners - Supporting Action/Tasks May Include:
- Liaise with Foundation to take on and assign private foundation proposals to support college or Foundation priorities
- Develops longer-term funding plans for new or emergent academic programs in collaboration with Director of Grants and Legislative Affairs
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Associate Degree OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in related field totaling years (7,000 hours) OR
- Occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 years (7,000 hours)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Previous employment at an institution of higher education is preferable.
- Employment in careers that actively promote equity and social justice for disenfranchised individuals strongly preferred.
- Any experience in higher education and/or grant writing is highly preferred
This job posting is a blind application, therefore the selection team members will not be able to see your name. For this reason, we are not accepting any resumes or cover letters. The only information that will be reviewed is what is submitted on the application. Special Instructions/About Western
This position reports to: Director - Grants and Legislative Affairs
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $53,252 - $69,229
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS, Employee Wellness Programs and more.
Applicant review will begin: September 17, 2020
Start Date of: October/November 2020
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.