Coordinator - Simulation Labs - Nursing Department
Coordinator - Simulation Labs - Nursing Department
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under the direction of the Nursing Department Chair the Simulation Lab Coordinator is responsible for maintaining, operating and organizing the equipment including but not limited to AV, computers, mannequins related to the conduction of simulation/lab activities. Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain simulation equipment by cleaning, replenishing and assisting in the ordering of related equipment and lab supply.
- Assist faculty in the operation of simulation by ensuring smooth function of the various simulation/lab functions as needed by all levels of faculty. Provide assistance where necessary to the presentation of all materials and simulation.
- Coordinate operation of simulation/lab with Lab Manager by maintaining updated cataloging of simulation/lab setup and needed equipment and supplies. Meet daily, organizing up to date changes to ensure continuity in the simulation/lab function.
- Operates simulation equipment during simulation by acting as operator of computer in simulations with live and mannequin-based simulation.
- Assist with the development of current simulation manuals maintain and up-to-date changes in equipment and supply as they appear in simulation manuals.
- Assist with scheduling of simulation suites and equipment, simulations are offered at multiple sites, therefore this individual must ensure resolution and organization of simulation schedules.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college and/or university AND five years professional experience with simulation and related activities OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Unencumbered Nevada RN License.
- Successful completion of background checks, drug screen, and provision of all necessary vaccinations/titres as required by Nursing Department.
- Current CPR certification.
- Master of Science in Nursing Education from regionally accredited college or university.
- Previous experience with budgeting, planning and preparation of laboratory experiences in nursing education.
- Ability to relate the dynamics of simulation through the application of story methodology.
- Ability to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of various forms of simulation actives.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated skills related to the continuity of presentation using simulation in health care.
- Experience in the upkeep and updating of scenarios, scheduling and record keeping as it relates to the measurable efficacy of the simulation experience for faculty and students.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Evident ability to organize lab related materials as well as cataloging inventory of simulation/lab materials.
- Skill in the operation of various types of office equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware, upkeep and maintenance of AV equipment and mannequins.
- Commitment to establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship with students, colleagues, leadership, and staff of a diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$58,561 - $67,307
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Coordinator---Simulation-Labs---Nursing-Department_R0120451-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency