Category:: Dining Services
Department:: Dining Services
Locations:: Pella, IA
Posted:: Aug 17, 2020
Closes:: Dec 18, 2020 - 11:59 PM EST
Position ID:: 124273
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America that began in 1916. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just two minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
Responsible to the Central Market Manager to work on the kitchen dishes.
May work up to 20 hours per week. Shifts available are 10am-2pm, Noon-4pm or 4pm-8pm, Monday through Friday. 11am-3pm or 3pm-7pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Wash pots and pans in the main dining kitchen.
- Follow correct dishwashing procedures to get dishes scrubbed and ready to be ran through.
- Help put clean dishes away.
- Keep dish area clean and organized.
- Keep dish machine clean and inform Production Manager of any issues.
- Assist in main dish room as needed.
- Have dish area clean and ready to go for the night shift.
- Must be able to communicate well and be respectful towards other employees.
Willing to train. Ability to follow oral instructions, read, write, and lift, push, or pull up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand up to 4 hours.
Central College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a drug-free/smoke-free campus.
Contact Human Resources with questions about the application process.