Director, Enrollment Services
Director, Enrollment Services
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03123
Posting Date: 08/15/2020
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 09/05/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $102,704.39 annually
Maximum Salary: $134,757.07 annually
Kern Community College District provides a rich health and welfare benefits offering to our employees, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term Disability.
In addition to the above benefits, the District also offers a robust voluntary benefits selection:
• Flex 125
• Additional products and services through American Fidelity
• Supplemental voluntary life insurance
• Tax Shelter Annuities
The District participates in CalPERS retirement system and Social Security benefits for Classified and Management employees. Employees covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), are vested 100% after five years of full time service credit. All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date.
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Student Services, the Director, Enrollment Services, is responsible for the administration of student admissions including registration, assisting in Banner Student, graduation and certifications, academic records, enrollment accounting and reporting in accordance with State and Federal codes and regulations and District policies and procedures.
1. Provide managerial direction including planning, goal setting, implementation, coordination, evaluation and accountability for admissions, registration, records maintenance, and awarding of degrees.
2. Coordinate use of technology for telephone and web admissions, registration, grade reporting, testing, student records, and other applications.
3. Coordinate campus-wide efforts to maximize the effectiveness of the Banner Student System.
4. Plan, organize and direct the activities of all appropriate service operations, and allocate personnel and resources to optimize departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
5. Maintains comprehensive and current knowledge of the College curriculum; provides consultation and resource support to faculty, managers, and staff in regard to regulation and policy; monitors and advises on compliance of curriculum to statutory and policy standards and regulations.
6. Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel.
7. Interprets and analyzes state and federal regulations, the application of current and impeding legislation, policies, and procedures to determine impact on program and services areas and to formulate compliance and reporting strategies.
8. Prepare, submit, and monitor the annual budget for admissions and records and assessment
9. Act as a liaison to the District to develop and implement district-wide standards of operation for admissions and records,
10. Provides in-services and staff development necessary for office personnel to enhance skills, adapt to new circumstances, and to interact effectively and sensitivity with students and staff of diverse backgrounds.
11. Prepare and submit the appropriate sections of the college catalog and schedule of classes, and provide technical expertise and information to administrators, faculty and students, and advise academic personnel on issues related to course offerings and scheduling.
12. Design and publish reports from the student database related to admissions and enrollment, and others as required by law.
13. Direct and monitor the college record keeping process concerning deadlines, student attendance, testing, transcripts, grades, fee payment, grade changes, residency, veteran and athletic eligibility, foreign student admission, and compliance with Federal FERPA requirements.
14. Manage catalog requests from outside agencies and institutions.
15. Direct the evaluation and certification of student records for enrollment verification, transcripts, transfer credit, credit by examination, degree and certificate eligibility, and subpoenas.
16. Supervise the processing of veterans' education benefits, and reporting to state and federal agencies.
17. Supervise the processing of athletic eligibility and reporting to state and national agencies.
18. Maintain communication and coordinate services with the areas of Student Services, Instruction, and Administrative Services on all matters that relate to the Enrollment Services function.
19. Serve as chair to the Disqualification Committee to monitor student probation, disqualification, readmission, and challenges to other academic policies.
20. Assist in coordinating commencement exercises.
21. Serve on the campus Enrollment Management Committee.
22. Responds to and resolves inquiries and complaints from students, administrators, staff, and faculty.
23. Assist in the coordination of community outreach activities and student recruitment.
24. Develop, plan, write, and implement departmental procedures, goals, research projects related to areas of responsibility, prepare a variety of research related reports, and objectives; implements policies and regulations as required.
25. Participate in shared governance through service on planning and/or operations committees and task forces.
26. Perform other related activities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Two years experience within the last four years related to admissions and records,
assessment, and matriculation, including management or educational program
administration experience in a college or university.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college
students and employees.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a diverse student population and the local community the college serves.
- Experience providing strong leadership in a dynamic work environment and ability to problem-solve in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, program planning, and evaluation of services through use of data.
- Experience with implementing effective use of technology, software systems, and databases to enhance workflow and improve efficiency of services
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to interpret laws, rules and regulations, and formulate clear procedures and
handle complex and sensitive issues.
• Knowledge of computer software applications and the ability to apply
• Knowledge of and commitment to the California Community College mission.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and
communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to persons of diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, disabled, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of administration, supervision, and
• Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course ofaction.
• Ability to establish departmental standards and objectives
Salary Grade: I
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on September 5, 2020 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
- Application Screening: TBD
- Interviews: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13862. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency