Adjunct Physics Instructor
Adjunct Physics Instructor
Date Posted: 8/17/2020
End Date: Until Filled
Cisco College is accepting resume packages for the position of Adjunct Physics Instructor. Minimum requirements for the position are a Master’s degree in Physics or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Physics. College-level teaching experience is preferred. Please scroll down for the full job description.
Salary: $550 per credit hour
Resume packages are received via email, fax, and USPS, but email is preferred.
Please note: A complete resume package must include a completed and signed Cisco College Application (located on the Employment Page of our website at www.cisco.edu) Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, Philosophy of Education document, and unofficial copies of transcripts. Please ensure all required documents are included with your submission. Incomplete packages will be returned unprocessed.
Complete resume packages may be submitted to:
Director of Human Resources
101 College Heights
Cisco, Texas 76437
Cisco College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Adjunct Physics Instructor
Reports to: Division Chair
The primary responsibility of this individual is to provide quality instruction to Cisco College students. Responsibilities include teaching courses in Physics. Teaching courses through various mediums, teaching at various locations and teaching a varied schedule of day and evening courses are also possibilities.
All faculty members at Cisco College are expected to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective and competent manner, and to strive for improvement and excellence in all work performed. Additionally, faculty are asked to demonstrate a commitment to the comprehensive role of the community college as stated in the College Mission, and to cooperate and work harmoniously with College personnel and the public. All Cisco College employees are expected to follow College policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines that relate to the specific position.
- Provide quality learning experiences for students and maintain the integrity of course standards and objectives. Meet class punctually and keep class throughout the scheduled time as appropriate to provide quality learning experiences.
- Follow the College’s guidelines for course syllabi and state clear learning objectives and assessment criteria. Assess student learning and provide consistent feedback to students for improvement.
- Support the overall college mission and submit all required paper work to appropriate areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be available to meet with students as needed.
- Actively seek to stay current in the instructional discipline and in teaching and learning theory by participating in professional development. Follow through by making adjustments in delivery of courses to provide quality learning opportunities for students.
- Complete designated elements of the Faculty Evaluation Plan including such as student evaluations of courses and instruction
- Cooperate and maintain professionalism with the Administration, Division Chairs, Faculty, Staff, and other members of the College community to facilitate the learning process.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using the college network system, including email, word processing, and the Campus Connect / FAS Module.
- Represent the College in a professional manner to all constituencies and the general public.
- Master’s degree in Physics or Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Physics.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Active participation in relevant professional activities and organizations.
Apply for Adjunct Physics Instructor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly