STOCK CLERK,FMP Facilities Mgmt & Planning, Materials Admin
STOCK CLERK,FMP Facilities Mgmt & Planning, Materials AdminTracking Code0867 Job Description
- Receiving and storing materials for daily stockroom and warehouse activities.
- Prepare material requisitions for appropriate invoicing/charging.
- Maintain, record and log items received, issued and shipped, including description of articles, type and other identifying information items into the enterprise resource planning system (ERP).
- Load and unload materials to and from trucks, using hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Prepare and pick stock and arrange for delivery.
- Perform daily inventory to reconcile stock variances.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Facilities Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned and adhering to general Policies and Procedures, including safety guidelines.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision.
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK ANY SHIFT OR SCHEDULE
SALARY $ 20.8275/HOUR AND INCREASE TO $27.77/HOUR AFTER SIX MONTHS SERVICE.Required Skills
- General knowledge of stockroom/warehouse methods and practices, including packing and shipping a wide variety of commodities.
- 2-5 years of experience in all aspects of materials handling.
- 3 years’ experience in a fast paced customer service environment.
- Computer knowledge and familiarity with computerized inventory control systems.
- Mathematical ability and measurement skills necessary for accurate deliveries/storage/inventory.
- Physical condition allowing repetitive bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling, lifting; capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, and using stairs, ladders, equipment for stockroom/warehouse setting, standing for long periods of time, etc.
- Follow directions to meet timelines; work well independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Have and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- 2-5 years’ experience with ERP/MRO based systems and computerized inventory management systems.
- Proven ability to learn new computer applications or technology to support Stockroom/Warehouse functions.
Background Screening for Facility Candidates
Individuals seeking employment with BU may be subject to the following suitability requirements. Failure to meet any of these requirements may result in ineligibility for employment:
- Criminal Background Check: To be completed in accordance with BU Public Safety guidelines and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Basic Background Check: Includes, but is not limited to, verification of:
- Social Security Number;
- Past employment;
- Licenses and credentials, if applicable
- Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI) check;
- Medical Clearance Process: Medical Clearance Process: includes Occupational Health evaluation and immunization/titer level review. Must be eligible to receive required vaccinations as needed
- References: We require 2-3 professional references (no friends or family) with at least 1 previous supervisor.
Continued employment/ affiliation is contingent upon strict adherence, at all times, to all applicable safety and security rules, procedures, and protocols, as well as required training regimens.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular