Seasonal Part-Time Research Assistant
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Seasonal Part-Time Research Assistant
Job ID 3824
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Culture and Evidence-Based Practice lab is seeking a part-time research assistant for project AIM, which is a study focusing on the dissemination of a program that teaches coping skills to combat adolescent depression in school settings. The goal of the project is to train providers and evaluate the program's effectiveness with low income, predominantly Latino and African American youth.
This position is funded by an external grant source. If the grant terminates for any reason, if grant funding is lost or reduced for any reason, or if the budgetary needs for fulfilling the grant requirements change, your employment with the University will be immediately discontinued.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Conducts interviews of research participants, which includes diagnostic assessments of adolescents.
- Supports therapists delivering the intervention.
- Recruits and schedules participants.
- Data entry and dataset management.
- Helps prepare materials for interviews and therapy sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in Psychology or related field.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Interest in research and in working with children and adolescents, including those with mental health problems.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well with others and efficiently manage multiple demands.
- Flexibility in schedule, including some afternoon and early evening hours.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Travel to several school sites required.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: