Clinical Research Coordinator 2
Clinical Research Coordinator 2🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Aug 07, 2020 Post Date📅87024 Requisition #ClinicalResearch Coordinator 2 (Lymphoma)The StanfordCancer Institute (SCI) is one of an elite number of National CancerInstitute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country, and is aprominent, dynamic, growing and complex Institute within the StanfordUniversity School of Medicine. The SCI actively works to build synergiesand collaborations among faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from fourSchools and over 30 departments across Stanford University. We seek a ClinicalResearch Coordinator 2 to help us enact our mission to reduce cancer mortalitythrough comprehensive programs of cancer research, treatment, education andoutreach. Given the SCI’s mission, breadth, and depth, it employs over320 staff members in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and forward-thinkingenvironment with tremendous opportunities for personal and professionalgrowth. The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an integral componentof the Stanford Cancer Institute since the vital work performed there enablesour adult and pediatric cancer centers to translate research from thelaboratory into the clinical setting. You will be working with anunparalleled leading edge community of faculty and staff who are fundamentallychanging the world of health care in the cancer arena. Reporting to the Lymphoma Clinical Research Manager,the Clinical Research Coordinator 2 will be conversant in the goals,mission and priorities of the Institute, and utilize this knowledge to overseethe regulatory maintenance and conduct of clinical trials. We areseeking candidates with excellent Organizational, Interpersonal andCommunication Skills. Our staff run toward challenges, and you will havea demonstrated history of doing the same with a high degree of professionalism,initiative and flexibility. Responsibilities include frequentinterface and communication with study participants, clinicians and otherstakeholders. Dutiesinclude:
DESIREDQUALIFICATIONS: Prior experience with: patientmanagement on cancer treatment trials; financial and regulatory oversight ofclinical trials; navigating patient electronic medical records. EDUCATION& EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):Bachelor's degree in arelated field and two years of experience in clinical research, or anequivalent combination of education and relevant experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonalskills
- Proficiency withMicrosoft Office and database applications.
- Experience withresearch protocols and regulatory or governing bodies, which include HIPAA andFDA regulations, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Good ClinicalPractices.
- Knowledge of medicalterminology.
- Frequently stand, walk,twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reachabove shoulders, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone and writeby hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl,climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift,carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Position may at timesrequire the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materialsand/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposureto contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended orunusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills:Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients andwith external organizations.
- Promote Culture ofSafety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value forsafety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based ontraining and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expectedto comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including butnot limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in theUniversity's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4923
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87024