Clinical Research Coordinator II, Public Health (Temporary)(Multiple Positions)
Community Environment & PolicyDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health is seeking multiple research coordinators for a CDC-funded Coronavirus cohort study. Clinical Research Coordinators will recruit and retain participants, collect data, and maintain study records. These positions will last between 4-6 months from the date of hire.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, a furlough and pay reduction program has been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the plan will be notified in accordance with adopted furlough and pay reduction program guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the furlough and pay reduction program and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participatein the design, development, execution and initial interpretation of clinicalresearch. Submits study protocols and amendments, consent forms, and recruitingmaterials to the Institutional Review Board and department for approval withoversight from supervisor.
- Collectssubject data, enters and analyzes data, and compiles reports, adhering toproper research protocols. Prepares documentation, reports, graphs, and othermaterials. Keeps appropriate logs, tracks participants, and prepares studymaterials.
- Recruits,screens, and enrolls study participants who meet research criteria. Collectsbasic information through interviews and answers general questions. Maintains telephone and in-person contact. Notifies Principal Investigator andsupervisor of subject status.
- Obtainsmedical histories and conducts medical assessments of clinical trial subjects,including symptom management with appropriate referral. Creates treatment plansand serves as an information resource for trial subjects. Performsphysical exams, including assessing vital signs and administering prescribedmedications. Conducts adverse event assessment and provides recommendations toPrincipal Investigator or physicians.
- Conductsstudy visit and/or implements study protocol including but not limited tocollecting and entering clinical data, completing blood draws, andadministering questionnaires.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
*Bilingual in English/Spanish.*Advanced organizational skills.*Ability to multi-task.*Ability to work independently and in a team environment.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
To be DeterminedRate of Pay:
$33,487 - $46,510Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
5Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
6Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Karen Lutrick, Ph.D and Co PI,[email protected]Open Date:
8/7/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.