Student Life Ambassador
Student Life AmbassadorTracking Code210066 Job Description
Performs the day-to-day functions associated with the operation of Student Life spaces according to college guidelines. Assists in the development and implementation of programs that foster student engagement.
1. Contributes to Successful Student Events and Programs - Provides assistance with departmental and student events and programming, solicits input from students regarding engagement opportunities, provides support to the various programming councils in the Student Life Department, plans and implements programs on campus that increase student engagement
2. Successfully Engages Students - Plan, promote, and implement programs on campus that increase student engagement, work with diverse populations to increase awareness of resources at JCCC, present student information sessions regarding Student Life at JCCC. Assists students and community with information to provide a positive and successful JCCC experience.
3. Contributes to Effective Department Operations - Provides the highest standards of customer service to students and constituents, supports the operation of and staffs Student Life spaces including but not limited to:
-Engagement Desk, Carlsen Center Welcome Desk, & College Switch Board
-Campus Center & Student Lounge
-Center for Student Involvement
These operations include advertising spaces and programs through print media and social media marketing, assist in the training of new student staff, provide office coverage to division and department offices, represent department at various campus-wide events, handle cash and operate a POS system, operate college information systems, and attend regular team meetings and required trainings.Required Skills
- Basic understanding of computers and/or video game consoles
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic team environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be enrolled in and maintain (12) credit hours at JCCC and maintain 2.0 cumulative GPA through the duration of employment in the position (if employed in the summer, must be enrolled in a minimum of three (3) credit hours at JCCC and maintain a 2.0 GPA)
- Experience working with the public in customer service, an office setting, event planning and facilitation, preferred
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time