Program Coordinator (7376U) Berkeley Law 9728
Program Coordinator (7376U) Berkeley Law 9728 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2020
At Berkeley Law, we are committed to excellence in education and scholarship, as well as equality of opportunity. We believe we have a responsibility to use our substantial intellectual capital to help solve real-world problems and to create a more just society through clinics, research, and policy engagement. We believe that a Berkeley Law degree is a tool for change, both locally and globally, and that we should be educating the leaders of tomorrow. We maintain an environment that nurtures academic and personal growth, respects a diversity of ideas, and stimulates independent thought and critical reasoning.
Building upon its history of and commitment to public service and research, Berkeley Law is home to leading environmental and energy law and policy curricular programs that provide dedicated students with a broad base of expertise in the fields. It is also home to the Center for Law, Energy & the Environment (CLEE), which leverages the expertise and creativity of the faculty, staff, and students in applied research that produces pragmatic policy solutions to critical environmental and energy challenges.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for administering the day-to-day administrative operations for a new program at CLEE called GrizzlyCorps, which is an AmeriCorps Service program. Under the direction and supervision of the Director of CLEE's Project Climate and GrizzlyCorps Program Manager, the Program Coordinator will assist in a wide range of administrative services including determining placement sites for GrizzlyCorps fellows, recruitment of fellows, development of training programs, completion of multiple forms and systems required by AmeriCorps, fundraising outreach, communications, event planning, business services, and human resources, and possibly including IT, facilities, financial support, and/or student services. General management duties include long and short-range strategic event planning and supporting all administrative activities.
Administers defined operational programs and activities for GrizzlyCorps, a new AmeriCorps program, which may include some of the following functions: business services, finance, grants and contracts administration, facilities, space planning, student services, human resources, communications, or informational technology. Tasks vary in scope and complexity, but require high-level independence, self-direction, and decision-making.
GrizzlyCorps/AmeriCorps programs and events, both internal at Berkeley Law and external for placement partners, training partners, and supporters. This includes assisting with grants and contracts management.
Participates in the development and revision of materials for online, print, and other distribution, including web content, print publications, and marketing, publicity and other outreach materials.
Supports in processing financial transactions. This includes supporting with grants and contracts, and engaging in financial and administrative maintenance processes.
Data and Evaluation Compliance and Institutional Memory:
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operations activities such as events planning, fundraising processes, website management, finance and accounting, and contracts and grants regulations and guidelines.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong skills in short-and long-term planning, analysis and problem solving and customer service.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, exercise initiative and sound judgement, while effectively executing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with print and digital media.
- Ability to be a self-starter, to take initiative and work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Ability to attend occasional evening or weekend events.
- Prior administrative and/or office management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Interest and/or experience in environmental and/or energy law and policy and/or AmeriCorps.
- Experience as an interviewer.
- Familiarity and competence with Adobe tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and experience with various data management software platforms such as Excel and Salesforce.
- Experience with or the ability to learn quickly campus-specific computer applications such as BearBuy and CalAnswers.
- Experience with print and digital marketing.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, biweekly paid position. Hourly pay is commensurate with experience within the range of $27.00-$28.00 per hour.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full time (M-F; 40 hours/week) one year contract position with the with the possibility of extension.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=9728&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency