Simulation Nurse Faculty, Clinical Instructor/Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
College of NursingDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - PhoenixAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Phoenix, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Note: Effective 01/05/2021 this requisition has been updated to reflect the remove of the furlough program.
PLEASE NOTE: The working title for this position has changed to Simulation Nurse Faculty, Clinical Instructor/Lecturer/Sr Lecturer from Clinical Instructor/Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer, Simulation Nurse Faculty, College of Nursing. If you previously applied for this position your application is under consideration and it is not necessary to reapply. The Simulation Nurse Faculty is responsible for supporting a healthcare simulation laboratory learning environment based on contemporary best practices, leading edge technology and the testing of new approaches. The Simulation Nurse Faculty will collaborate with the UA College of Nursing Steele Innovative Learning Center (SILC) team and under the direction of the SILC Director or Site Coordinator and work with faculty to support student skills acquisition, deliberative practice, and simulation based education activities.
The successful applicant will hold a Faculty position with rank and salary commensurate with experience and background. Part time or full time availability.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates application of simulation based education best practices.
- Contributes to development and refinement of simulation based activities.
- Prepares, maintains, and uses forms, records, and reports using a variety of evidence supported resources.
- Evaluates and provides feedback to students during simulation experiences per SILC policies.
- Supports development and refinement of SILC processes, policies and procedures.
- Utilizes, software, applications, and databases as directed.
- Performs manikin software programing and implementation of simulated scenarios.
- Operates simulators according to scenario guides and activity specifications.
- Supports faculty and staff during planning, trialing, validation, and running of laboratory and/or simulation-based education activities.
- Assists students and faculty with the use of the existing technology (simulators, computers, and audio-visual equipment).
- Provides technical instruction assistance to students practicing clinical skills.
- Provides remediation to students in need of improvement with clinical skills and communicates with program faculty regarding the student’s performance per CON and SILC policies.
- Participates in CON, program and SILC meetings.
- Prepares clinical laboratory and simulation environments with extreme attention to detail during set up and take down of each activity.
- Sets-up and takes-down simulation, deliberative practice, remediation, and testing environments.
- Restocks, organizes and maintains supply areas and carts.
- Provides ongoing support and management of student laboratory kits.
- Assists in maintaining an organized ongoing supply inventory, placing orders, and stocking supplies.
- Participates in efficient and cost-effective management of consumable supplies, durable resources, and manikin maintenance including minor repairs, preventative maintenance and general cleanliness.
- Maintains awareness and careful use of simulation based education activities calendar(s).
- Works with volunteer students as assigned.
- Supports orientation and mentorship of new faculty and staff.
- Assists with SILC tours and events for a variety of groups and organizations.
- Earned Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a registered nurse
- Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Arizona.
•Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) and/or Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialists (CHSOS).•Experience with a variety of high-fidelity manikins and software.•Simulation based education experience.•Interprofessional education experience.•Integrative Health related experience.Rank :
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
20 - 40Job FTE:
.50 - 1.0Work Calendar:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Connie [email protected]Open Date:
8/6/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Additional document required: 1. Contact information of three references. 2. Proof of RN license in Arizona prior to the first day of employment.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.