1. Currently admitted to the Graduate School
2. Be in good academic standing
3. Be registered full-time for the respective semester (nine semester credit hours during the fall
semester, nine semester credit hours during spring semester, six semester credit hours during the
summer session(s)), or in the required number of semester credit hours to fulfill the only remaining requirements on the degree plan.
General classroom management. Assist faculty in class, attending sessions and fulfilling assignments made by the instructor.
Meet regularly with instructor and students during office hours. Maintain attendance records, grading assignments and exams. Other duties or tasks as assigned.
One student will be assigned to work in Brownsville Campus and two will be working for Edinburg.
1. Submit a letter of intent, a resume and a list of three references to be contacted.
2. Ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
3. Obtain effective communication skills for interacting with prospective students.
4. Must possess superior writing and editing skills.Preferred Qualifications
Full Time Graduate Student with GPA of 3.0 or above.
Applicants with at least a minor in undergraduate history may apply.
Students pursuing a MA in History or MAIS in History will be given priority.Salary 2,500.00-5,000.00 per semesterNumber of Vacancies3Desired Start Date09/01/2020EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Open Date08/05/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25361Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- List of 3 References
- Letter of Interest
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Multi Media
- Other Document
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness
- Teaching Statement
- Additional Document