Full Time Faculty, Pharmacy (Medicinal Chemistry)
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverageSUMMARY:The Faculty – Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry) reports to the Assistant Dean for Operations on the campus where the position is located. The Faculty ensures program content and delivery are consistently of high quality, reviews curriculum and establishes/assesses student learning outcomes; facilitates the sharing of best practices between campus faculty, and balances local campus interests with program imperatives and the needs of the discipline. Faculty maintain ongoing scholarly activities as assigned. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provide didactic, laboratory, and small group teaching as well as, course coordination as assigned by the Assistant Dean for Operations.
- Serve as a mentor, advocate and adviser to students and peer faculty members to guide their scholarly development and career aspirations.
- Conduct scholarly activities within the department, school, and university.
- Provide input to management when requested for: planning, budget, personnel resource allocation, program development and implementation for the department.
- Review and recommend modifications to the Department’s goals and objectives annually, aligning them with the Missions and Strategic of South University and the School of Pharmacy.
- Prepare reports and other documents as requested by the administration.
- Assure assigned courses are appropriately updated for catalog narrative, course criteria and descriptions for the department’s contributions to the annual university catalog update are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assure a positive, cooperative relationship between the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the school and university staff and faculty at all School of Pharmacy campuses.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of quality faculty and students for all of School of Pharmacy campuses.
- In concert with the Assistant Dean for Operations and other School administrators, provide orientation for faculty and staff within the department.
- Design and provide developmental activities for faculty and staff.
- Perform annual peer faculty teaching evaluations
- Actively participate in University strategic planning and Quality Enhancement Program initiatives.
- Actively promote professionalism and commitment to the profession of pharmacy.
- Attend school and university functions where the presence of faculty and staff are required.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and conventions that are beneficial to the School of Pharmacy and its students.
- Actively and professionally promote the School of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences to the public.
- Serve as an advocate and leader for pharmacy in local, state and national pharmacy affairs, appropriately representing the image and standing of South University at all times.
- Serve as assigned on South University or School of Pharmacy Committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campus Dean
- PhD degree in Medicinal Chemistry or a related field
- Post-Doctoral research fellowship in Medicinal Chemistry or a related field required
- Prior teaching experience in relevant field, preferred
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
- South University Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America