UTS - Temporary Network Technician Helper at NC State
Position DetailsVacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleUTS - Temporary Network Technician Helper at NC StateSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$15 per hourPosition Number48LS67Work ScheduleMonday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pmFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Department480501 - HR University Temporary Services (UTS)Department Job City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
The Security Applications & Technologies (SAT) network technicians install, maintain, and repair data/video network systems. They support a complex network of enterprise security technologies integrated across the entire NC State campuses and several off campus satellite locations. SAT network technicians support TCP/IP networked voice, data, and video systems including intercom, emergency communication, surveillance, bio-metrics, access control, duress/intrusion, environmental sensors, gate controls and remote monitoring technologies.Other Work/Responsibilities
To support network techniciansMinimum Experience/Education
Experience installing, maintaining and repairing data/video network systems.Departmental Required Skills
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations.
-Frequent use of ladders to install hardware for IP devices such as; security alarms, security cameras and wireless locksets.
- Basic knowledge of various types of structured cabling to include low voltage and data cabling installation and termination.
- Basic knowledge of technician trade tools.
- Ability to use desktop computing; ability to learn SAT applications for work orders and/or inventory.
- Ability to follow operating procedures and established processes for installation and maintenance routines.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other technicians and SAT staff.
- Ability to follow departmental procedures related to inventory management.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to learn installation SAT procedures and standards and to apply them consistently.
TCP/IP networking equipment; comprehensive knowledge of electronic intrusion and duress hardware, and remote monitoring technologies.Required License or Certification
Valid Driver’s License required. NC Driver’s license within 60 days of hire.Special InstructionsJob Open Date08/06/2020Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.08/13/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about University Temporary Services?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Did you hear about University Temporary Services from a radio ad?
(Open Ended Question)
- Contact Information for References
- Cover Letter