Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Americus, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 219830
Job Summary This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the operations of the Health & Counseling Services department.
- Provides administrative support for Health and Counseling Services office operations. (50%)
- Frontline contact with intake processes for students seeking health and counseling services.
- Assist with student wellbeing checks and follow up as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates immunization/health records for all admitted students; at times enters immunization data into database.
- Maintains and updates the department web page.
- Prepares reports and general correspondence.
- Enters data to software systems.
- Operates a variety of modern office equipment.
- Assists in conducting, compiling, and assembling surveys, reports, etc.
- Assists in sorting and distributing incoming and outcoming mail.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent training and experience.More than two years of related experience required.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.Knowledge of university and departmental policies and procedures.Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.Skill in the management of files and records.Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.Skill in oral and written communication.
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.