TSI Processor #499094
Posting DetailsPosting Number20111991Position TitleTSI Processor #499094FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentEnrollment ServicesJob Summary/Basic Function
PRIMARY DAILY RESPONSIBILITY:
Manages and ensures Texas Success Initiative (TSI) compliance and college readiness initiatives
This position plays a pivotal role in the Division of Enrollment Management, the Mathematics and English departments, and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, managing and ensuring Texas Success Initiative (TSI) compliance and college readiness initiatives. This includes the development and implementation of TSI policies and procedures, training and compliance of advising, and working closely with the Mathematics and English departments as well as the entire Lamar campus to ensure college readiness initiatives are accomplished and that LU remains compliant with state TSI mandates. Collaborates with Records, University Undergraduate Advising to notify students of TSI requirements. Represents Lamar University with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and Texas Education Agency by serving as TSI Compliance Officer. Serves as TSI liaison on campus by providing direct support to students, faculty, and staff regarding TSI regulations and policies. Supervises and trains processors and coordinates with advisors for the purposes of TSI compliance registration requirements. Maintains TSI database by programming the Student Information System (Banner), analyzing reports, running hold programs, auditing student compliance statuses, and notifying students of TSI compliance and remediation requirements. Assists with reports for Mathematics and English departments and advising data. Accesses online databases for retrieving various TSI test scores. Develops, designs, and maintains TSI information on departmental website.
Serves as Banner expert for TSI functions with Student Information System. Troubleshoots TSI errors that appear on student transcripts from the university. Resolves errors and problems on the CBM002 report. Serves on relevant committees. Coordinates with UAC for Banner, TSI, and other related advising requirements. Assists all enrollment offices with policies, procedures, training, supervising, and other related staff or student needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Supervises and trains processors for TSI compliance. Maintains TSI database by programming the Student Information System (Banner), analyzing reports, running hold programs, auditing student compliance statuses. Ensures institutional compliance with all THECB regulations and requirements regarding state TSl/college readiness laws, mandates and rules. Resolves errors and problems on the CBM002 report. Assists all enrollment offices with policies, procedures, training, supervising, and other related staff or student needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Candidates must have technology skills including spreadsheet, data systems, and record-keeping software. Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate as part of a team. A collegial and professional disposition is required. The candidate must have higher education experience.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
Preference will be given to candidates who hold a Master’s degree. Supervisory experience, as well as experience managing policy compliance, is also preferred. Candidates with knowledge of the Banner system, TSI, and THECB reports will be given preference.
Admissions or Advising experience is preferred.Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$35,568Work Hours Posting Date08/05/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial InstructionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please rate your level of competence with the following technology resources:Excel Spreadsheetsi. Beginner (Simple arithmetic formulas, enter, correct and save data, format cells, rows and columns, sorts)ii. Intermediate (Create, modify, and format charts, filters, multi-level sorting, logical, statistical and financial functions)iii. Expert (Advanced functions such as VLookup, IF, IS, Names, Pivot Tables)
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a higher education institution?
- a. 0 years
- b. 1-3 years
- c. 4-5 years
- d. More than 5 years
- * How many years of admissions and/or advising experience do you have?
- 6 months to 1 year
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 6-7 years
- 8+ years
- * How many years of full time supervisory experience do you have?
- 1-2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5-6 years
- 7 or more years
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2