Nurse Aide I Instructor
Posting DetailsPosting Number:Temporary_0091178Position Title:Nurse Aide I InstructorClassification TitlePart Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeHourlyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:FacultyPosition Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking Nurse Aide I Instructors who will be responsible for collaborating with the program coordinator and manager in teaching all aspects of the DHSR state- approved NAI Program.Staff Required Education/Experience:Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
- Must be a registered nurse with an unencumbered license.
- Must be licensed to practice in North Carolina
- Must have at least two (2) years (4000 hours) of experience as a registered nurse in the United States.
- Must meet at least one of the following:
- Completion of a course in teaching adult,
- Experience in teaching adults, or
- Experience in supervising nurse aides.
Long Term Care experience
Assisted Living experience
- Has experience working in the community college system.Department:Nurse Aide/Health ProgramsWork Hours:
Max 24 hours
8am-12:30pm and/or 12:45pm-5:15pm and/or 5:30pm-10pm
Weekend hours Saturday 8am-5:15pm
or Fri/Sat 830am-1pm
North Campus in Salisbury,
College Station in Kannapolis, or South Campus in Concord
Zoom interviews mandatory due to Covid-19.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility:
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility:
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility:
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility:
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility:
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility:
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility:
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility:
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility:
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duty and Responsibility:
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duty and Responsibility:
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- * How many years of experience do you have working as a Registered Nurse?
- 0 - 2
- 2 - 5
- * Are you a registered nurse with an unencumbered license?
- * Do you have at least two (2) years (4000 hours) of experience as a registered nurse in the United States?
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Transcript 2
- Other Document 2