Director of Clinical Education, Physicians Assistant Program
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO is conducting a search for a
Director of Clinical Education / Principal Faculty.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Director of Clinical Education, Principal Faculty for the Physician Assistant Program will work closely with the Program Director to provide oversight and direction in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the PA Programs' clinical education curriculum. In addition, this role will collaborate with members of the institution's Department of Clinical Education to develop and maintain processes that ensure integration of student clinical assignments and development of preceptors and clinical sites, where possible. This is a full-time position with salary and competitive benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide oversight in the implementation of a clinical curriculum emphasizing achievement of clinical competencies
- Develop mechanisms that ensure the PA program clinical curriculum meets ARC-PA standards, in collaboration with the PA Program Director
- Implement clinical learning strategies consistent with the Mission and Goals of the program
- Develop and implement a continuous process of self-assessment that is consistent with the PA programs' self-study plan and that ensures quality of the clinical curriculum, in collaboration with the PA Program Director
- Develop clinical sites and preceptors for the PA program and in collaboration with members of RVU's College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) whenever possible
- Implement clinical rotation scheduling process for the PA program and collaborate with members of RVU COM to ensure seamless placement of learners
- Collaborate with the PA faculty Director of Curriculum to ensure integration of curricula
- Collaborate with University Senior Administration, the PA Advisory Council, medical director, faculty, and staff in activities related to the clinical curriculum
- Liaise with appropriate offices and departments involved in medical/health education and with external agencies useful to the program's clinical curriculum
- Manage the clinical tracking system
- Provide input to Program Director regarding PA clinical team performance on annual evaluations
- Ensure clinical faculty members are appropriately oriented to the program mission and goals, specific teaching responsibilities, program instructional resources, and the learning objectives for which they are responsible
- Deliver curricular content within the PA program, including, but not limited to:
- Serving as course director
- Serving as lecturer, and/or small group facilitator
- Serve as student advisor to PA students, including serving as Clerkship Director in one or more clinically required courses
- Serve on PA program committees including, but not limited to:
- Student Assessment and Promotions
- Program Evaluation
- Serve as co-chair of the PA Programs' Curriculum Committee
- Serve on institutional committees as appointed by the PA Program Director
- Participate in activities of state, regional, and national organizations to promote a positive image of the PA concept within academic, lay, and professional communities
- As a newly accredited program, with an innovative curriculum, there will be opportunities to participate in scholarly work in collaboration with PA team members.
Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and experience with PA or medical clinical education
- Ability to develop effective community and institutional relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current license (or eligibility) to practice in Colorado
- Relevant Master's Degree
- Ability to travel to clinical sites
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous experience as a clinical preceptor or clinical coordinator
- Ability to mentor and teach in both didactic and clinical environments
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.