Assistant Professor of General Urology
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-05
The Department of Urology at the University of Virginia and the University of Virginia Health System is seeking applicants for an Assistant Professor of Urology on the tenure-eligible or tenure-ineligible track to serve as a General Urologist. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. For information regarding faculty tracks, visit https://faculty.med.virginia.edu/facultyaffairs/advancement/pandt/faculty-tracks/.
General Faculty Members whose primary responsibilities include teaching, research, professional practice, or clinical service without encompassing the full scope of responsibilities expected from tenure-track faculty positions (e.g., an academic general faculty member could have primary responsibilities for research with minimal or no responsibility for classroom instruction, or have primary responsibilities for teaching and/or clinical practice without research obligations).
- Teaching - Teaching encompasses all activities that directly facilitate student learning, including the contact hours spent in the classroom, office hours, class preparation, grading, answering student email, student advising, evaluating and making available course materials, facilitating e-learning and related duties.
- Research - The research component of an assistant professor position normally includes scholarly publication, attending academic conferences and obtaining grants. More senior scholars often take leadership roles in scholarly associations and act as editors, board members and referees for grant-giving organizations, academic presses, and scholarly journals.
- Service - University service involves membership in departmental, college-level and university committees, attending departmental meetings, student recruitment and processing routine paperwork such as filling out reports, answering email, participating in surveys and voting in university elections.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: MD or equivalent by appointment start date
Experience: Applicants must have experience in an Academic medical center. They must also have demonstrated experience in undergraduate and graduate medical education.
Licensure: Board-certified or board-eligible and certified within two years of employment
This position will remain open to applications until filled.
To apply for this position, please visit https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search on posting R0016564.
- Complete an application online
- Attach a cover letter
- Attach a resume/CV
- Provide contact information for three references.
For information related to this posting, please contact the recruiter, Ashley Cochran, email@example.com
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.