Position: Associate Registrar Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 554 # of Openings: 1 OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR - ASSOCIATE REGISTRAR ResponsibilitiesThe Associate Registrar provides critical operational and systems expertise to the Office of the Registrar in support of students. Reporting to the Registrar, he/she is responsible for maintaining, updating and correcting the academic records of former and current Wheaton College undergraduate and graduate students; providing information, system advice and policy interpretation pertinent to record keeping and for overseeing day to day operations in the office. Duties
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Registrar's office, providing policy interpretation and application through systems in support of students.
- Responsible for record retention and maintenance of academic history for all former students.
- Responsible for records maintenance and end-of-term processing for current students. Updates all undergraduate student records with transcript data relative to grades and grade changes, certification, course and Teacher Ed notations, departmental placement exams, and other appropriate comments.
- Administers the faculty grade entry process. Prepares Dean’s List and Annual Statistical Report data.
- Tracks grade changes for students on probation, monitors posting of incomplete, in-progress and not reported grades. Communicates with student care team as needed.
- Responsible for posting unique academic programs, such as joint degree programs with other institutions and special programs such as Wheaton In programs.
- Communications deadlines to students, faculty, and staff.
- Evaluates student athletic eligibility for intercollegiate sport participation.
- Adjudicates straightforward academic petitions (requests for student exception to policy), and forward more complex petitions to the Registrar or the appropriate academic committee.
- Assists the Registrar in the promotion and use of Banner student systems and Degree Works to support academic functions, with understanding of how data flows from one system to another and how it is represented in reports.
- Facilitates collaboration and coordination with department and college staff involved in student records processes, making recommendations, and providing training on systems use, including: grades use, readmission, posting credit for study abroad, and placement testing
- Assists in the analysis, testing, and implementation of system upgrades to various student applications and determine how any change will impact downstream processes, employee training, and reports.
- Assists with Commencement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organizational skills with high accuracy standards and attention to details.
- Direct experience with Ellucian Banner, Cognos Analytics, Ellucian Degree Works, Leepfrog Courseleaf products, OnBase, and CollegeNet 25Live/Lynx preferred.
- One to three years experience in a Registrar’s office preferred, or experience with student records in an academic department.