$3,846 – $5,556 per month
Acad Instruct Tech and Dist Learn
Open Until Filled
Educational and Experience Requirement
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, Computer Science, Education or related field. Five years of experience in instructional design, computer multimedia, or course development using emerging technologies, preferably in higher education or related field. A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
Nature & Purpose of Position
Assist faculty in the design and development of digital learning from fully online courses to individual digital learning objects.
Assists and supports faculty in the development and implementation of digital learning, leveraging instructional technologies and pedagogical know-how. Manages assigned course workload using project management fundamentals. Consults with faculty members to determine appropriate technology and strategies for course delivery, learning design, and tool usage. Helps coordinate SHSU online services on behalf of the educator. Facilitates faculty development sessions or online cohorts as needed. Develops and conducts instructional technology workshops for faculty as needed. Participates in continuing professional development activities. Provides faculty support via webinars, phone calls, virtual meetings, or face-to-face. Travel will be required (Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)