Group Fitness Instructor
Position InformationPosition NumberSTMP15Working TitleGroup Fitness InstructorDivisionStudent AffairsDepartmentStudent Union Activities & Rec(Adm)Work UnitUniversity RecreationWork LocationThe University Recreation CenterVacancy Open ToAll CandidatesPosition DesignationNon-Student TemporaryEmployment TypeTemporary - Part-timeHours per week6 hours per weekWork Schedule
Daily depending on departmental needs. Generally one hour classes per day.Pay Rate$10.00 to $14.00 depending on certification level.Minimum Experience/Education
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Group Fitness Certification or Specialty Fitness Certification Required.
- Group Fitness Instructor certification from a nationally recognized organization.
- Knowledgeable in techniques and dynamics of Group Fitness.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of Group Fitness classes.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for participants.
- Promote knowledge of proper group fitness components, i.e.: warm up, aerobic exercise, flexibility, cool down, etc.
- Provide customer service to the patrons.
- Maintain the Group Fitness equipment and room.
- Knowledge of the Student Activity Center (SAC) and Belk Gym policies.
- Participate in Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s or CEU’s).
Attend staff meetings and required training sessions.Necessary Licenses or Certifications
- Primary Group Fitness Instructor certification.
- Basic First Aid CPR/AED Certification or equivalent or can be obtained within 2 months of employment.
Part-time temporary positions do not offer healthcare benefits, leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service).
Full-time temporary positions do not offer leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service) benefits. However, full-time temporary employees are eligible to participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Please use these links for more information:
Only experienced and certified Group Fitness Instructors should apply.
Please attach a copy of your certification.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- HERC Job Board
- Inside Higher Education
- Circa (formerly known as Local JobNetwork)
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Where did you learn about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe your professional experience, knowledge, skills and abilities that will enable you to perform this job?
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Contact Information for References
- Other Document
- Other Document 2