Clinical Instructor/Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer, College of Nursing (UPDATED)
We are also seeking doctoral prepared faculty for our online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, the first in Arizona, has 400 stellar students located throughout the country. Our advanced practice specialties include Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Nurse Anesthetist, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). Our non-clinical specialties include Executive Health Systems Leadership (EHSL), Informatics, and MS-DNP.
Program faculty work collaboratively across disciplines to provide a transformative educational environment.
We are able to offer varied FTE depending on the needs of the specific program and the incumbent.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach and guide students in clinical theory and practical courses related to assigned program.
- Advise and mentor students across their academic program.
- Negotiate and grow cooperative relationships with practice leaders at clinical experiential learning sites.
- Participate in the planning and assessment of our program(s) through faculty governance and quality
- Develop and maintain academic excellence through practice-relevant inquiry and knowledge dissemination through publications and presentations.
- Maintain clinical practice proficiency by engaging in practice, either directly or indirectly.
- Engage with faculty, the administrative leadership team, and students in furthering the mission and
goals of the College of Nursing.
- Participate in special projects and faculty governance activities, as needed.
- There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
Rank to be determined by FAPT Committee.
To be considered for each rank minimum requirements:
- Eligible for entry and advanced licensure in Arizona.
- Provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona RN license and APRN licensure (if applicable) prior to first day of
employment with the College of Nursing.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or a related field.
- Preparation and clinical experience in an nursing practice role.
- Must meet Clinical Instructor minimums.
- 4 years of experience.
- At least two years of teaching at the baccalaureate or higher level.
- Must meet Lecturer minimums.
- Extensive clinical experience.
- Extensive teaching experience.
BSN/MEPN:* Previous experience teaching in an entry to practice nursing program.* Recent direct or indirect nursing practice experience.RN-MS:* Previous experience teaching in a graduate level nursing program.* Experience with on-line teaching methodologies.
DNP:* Previous experience teaching in an advanced practice nursing program.* Advanced practice in primary or acute care clinical populations.* Experience with online teaching methodologies.* Record of professional service commensurate with rank.* Program of scholarship and scholarly activities commensurate with rank.Rank To be Determined Tenure InformationCareer-Track (CT)FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimePart TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week20 - 40 Job FTE.50 - 1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryFacultyBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of PayDOECompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies10 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates[email protected] Open Date6/15/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyCurriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Three Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to ApplicantAdditional document required: 1. Official transcripts 2. Three recommendation letters 3. Proof of RN or APRN license in Arizona prior to the first day of employment
If you are interested in teaching prelicensure programs including BSN, BSN-IH and MEPN, please indicate on your cover letter any of below clinical areas you have working experience in (select all that apply).oAdult Medical-SurgicaloCase Management/Care TransitionsoCommunity/Population HealthoCritical CareoEmergency/TraumaoHealth PromotionoHospice/Palliative CareoOlder Adult/Long Term CareoMaternal NewbornoOperating Room/Post Anesthesia CareoPediatricoPrimary Care/Ambulatory CareoPsychiatric/Behavioral HealthoSimulation Education
If you are interested in teaching DNP programs, please indicate on your cover letter the specialties you are specialized in (select all that apply).oAdult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)oFamily Nurse Practitioner (FNP)oNurse Anesthetist, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP)oPsychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)oExecutive Health Systems Leadership (EHSL)oInformaticsDiversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.