Multimedia Specialist I Posting Number
AZ Public Media Admin Svcs Department Website Link
Main Campus Address
Tucson, AZ USA Position Highlights
This unit serves to promote Arizona Public Media's mission via multiple platforms of communication including: broadcast television and radio, print, and digital media (web, social, and streaming). The position will support the unit with the creation and provision of appropriate visual elements that serve to promote, represent and preserve the organization's mission.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, produces and coordinates print materials for Arizona Public Media (AZPM) promotions, events, reports, presentations, and other visual communications.
- Produces materials for events and AZPM productions as applicable for broadcast television, print, and other visual media.
- Provides graphic/motion graphic support for team members and other AZPM departments.
- Creates original graphic packages for AZPM productions to include logos and design elements as applicable for broadcast television, print, and other visual media.
- Participate in AZPM promotions, outreach, fundraising, and special event activities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Proficient in Adobe CC applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere Pro.
- 2 years graphic design experience.
- 2 years motion graphic design and video editing skills.
Non-Exempt Full Time/Part Time
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week
40 Job FTE
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible
Yes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay
$18.03 - $25.04Compensation Type
hourly rate Grade
6 Career Stream and Level
Multimedia Job Function
Communications & Marketing Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies
1 Target Hire Date
3/11/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
[email protected] Open Date
3/16/2020Open Until Filled
YesDocuments Needed to Apply
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to ApplicantApplicants please upload a link to your portfolio in the additional documents slot. Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.