Chief, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (AssociateProfessor/Professor, NTE,TE/T)
The Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology will provide strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of the division. The Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology will be responsible for all planning, policy, operations and oversight of academic, research, and clinical programs of the department. The Chief will have financial authority over the state-appropriated budget assigned to the division, extramural research funding received, philanthropic funding and other financial matters for the division in accordance with applicable university policies and practices. The role will also have discretion in the recruitment and retention of division faculty who will have a direct reporting line to the Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
This position reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine within the COM-P for all academic activities, Dr. Mike Fallon. Dr. Fallon is a gastroenterologist and hepatologist with vast academic medicine experience that includes 26 years of extensive patient care, education, leadership and clinical investigation in internal medicine. He previously served as the gastroenterology division director and vice chair for clinical research at the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities
The successful Chief, Division of Gastroenterology andHepatology candidate will:
- Provide leadership and management of day-to-day operationsof the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- The Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology isresponsible for recruitment, management, compensation and retention of facultyin consideration of Never Settle, UAHS, college, and B—UMG strategic plans andinitiatives in balance of the multiple, tripartite mission of the university.
- Provide direct patient care in the inpatient and/orambulatory (outpatient) setting as a licensed and fully credentialed provideras a member of B – UMG.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Doctor of Medicine(MD/DO) degree or equivalent degree from an accredited institution; AND beeligible for a University of Arizona academic appointment at the AssociateProfessor level or higher.
- Current board certification in Gastroenterology.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the Stateof Arizona.
- Preference for additional health profession degree (e.g.PhD, MPH, MS, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications Rank To be Determined Tenure InformationTenure-Eligible (TE)FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40+ Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryFacultyBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of PayAAMC Public Schools for SpecialtyCompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Type of criminal background check required:Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date10/4/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
Executive Search Firm: Witt/Kieffer
Contact:Jeff Schroetlin and Megan Welch