Applications Development Programmer Analyst I Posting Number
Andrew Weil Ctr Intgrtv Med Department Website Link
UAHS - Tucson Address
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA Position Highlights
The University of Arizona Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine (AWCIM) is accepting applications for Applications Develop Programmer Analyst I. The preferred candidate should be passionate about software development and excited to learn every day.
This position will be responsible for Java web application development for the AWCIM and will be part of the Center’s information technology team and with the software development team on web/mobile development. The developer will work on existing and new web/mobile application projects. Candidates must have strong Java, Swift or Android experience, analytical and problem solving skills, particularly with respect to debugging mid to large scale applications. The developer will be responsible for creating new applications that will solve business work flow problems and automate business processes as well as maintain existing applications.The successful applicant will be proficient in Java development and SQL, self-motivated, able to multitask, and able to provide rapid implementation and deployment of business critical processes.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with users regarding applications programmingrequests, applications training, user support and troubleshooting. Analyze userapplications programming requests related to overall program goals and systemfunctionality and recommends solutions.
- Write and maintain software code, queries and reports andprograms applications using current tools and languages.
- Develop functional and technical documentation and testplans.
- Conduct documents and applications tests, evaluate resultsin accordance with quality assurance standards and write test reports.
- Design, develop, maintain and administer databaseapplications.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and use emerging and/orrelevant methodologies, languages and technologies.
- Implement and maintain compliance with current security andservice protocols and standards.
- Modifies applications programs from detailed specifications.
- Performs basic research and fact-finding to assist in developing or modifying information systems.
- Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains these programs.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- May manage projects of limited scope or portions oflarge/complex projects. May provide guidance to other analysts/programmers on aproject basis.
- Expertise with object oriented design principles.
- One years of experience in programming applications systems using current technology and programming languages.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
* Knowledge of current applications development security practices and technology.* Skill in using programming and scripting languages and technology.* Skill in analyzing and responding to user requests.* Skill in writing technical and functional documentation.* Skill in developing and implementing test plans for applications.* Skill in planning and guiding the work of others.* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly with respect to debugging mid to large scale applications.* Skill in effectively communicating technical information to non-technical users.* Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple dynamic priorities.FLSA
Exempt Full Time/Part Time
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week
40 Job FTE
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible
Yes - Full Benefits Range Minimum
47048 Range Midpoint
78413Rate of Pay
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade
8 Career Stream and Level
Applications Development Job Function
Information Technology Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies
1 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
Virginia (Ginny) [email protected] Open Date
2/14/2020Open Until Filled
YesDocuments Needed to Apply
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.