Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, College of Nursing, Tenure Track (Multiple Positions) Posting Number
College of Nursing Department Website Link
UAHS - Tucson Address
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA Position Highlights
The University of Arizona is one of country’s most respected research institutions and is a leader in healthsciences teaching and scholarship. The College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and ranks among the top four percent of graduate nursing programs in the United States. As one of twenty UA colleges and one of the five colleges comprising The University of Arizona Health Sciences, the College of Nursing offers a wealth of educational resources. Banner - University Medical Center and Phoenix Biomedical Campus provides exceptional clinical and research opportunities. The College of Nursing mission is to envision, engage and innovate nursing and healthcare learning, discoveries, and clinical practice models. The College of Nursing has openings for academic tenure track (T/TE) faculty appointments. The incumbent will be appointed with an emerging or established program of research.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a focused, extramurally funded program of research.
- Communicate scholarship (teaching, research, and/or practice/service) intra and inter professionally.
- Translate scholarship for practice or policy improvement.
- Serve or develop as a master teacher in the classroom, laboratory, or field sites.
- Serve as a research mentor to graduate students and undergraduate honors students.
- Serve as a mentor to and/or collaborator for peer faculty in their teaching, research and practice/service.
- Participate in faculty governance of the College and University.
- Provide professional leadership within regional, local, national and international nursing and multidisciplinary groups.
- Possession of a Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field bydate of hire.
- Evidence of funded research and/or research training and publications.
- Previous teaching experience at the graduate level.- Strong research background with supporting evidence.- Eligible for entry level licensure in Arizona. Rank Tenure Information
Tenure Track (T/TE)FLSA
Exempt Full Time/Part Time
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week
40 Job FTE
Yes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies
10 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates[email protected] Open Date
2/19/2020Open Until Filled
YesDocuments Needed to Apply
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Three Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to ApplicantAdditional document required:1. Official transcripts2. Three recommendation letters3. Proof of tenure if already tenured Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.