Assistant Professor of Practice, Public Health (Career-Track) Posting Number
Public Health Administration Department Website Link
www.publichealth.arizona.edu Medical Sub-SpecialityLocation
UAHS - Tucson Address
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA Position Highlights
The Assistant Professor of Practice/Director for Distance Education will support the building of an innovative and forward-thinking student success program. The individual will oversee the college’s distance education efforts in certificate, undergraduate, and graduate public health programs including online programs, microcampuses and study abroad programs. The This new director position will ensure a high quality online and global learning experience that provides an environment where students, faculty, and staff are all engaged. The individual will also have an academic appointment as an assistant professor of practice at MEZCOPH. This position reports to the Director of the Global Health Institute (GHI) and to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Education Committee to ensure that courses and curricula meet the academic standards set by the college, the university and the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
- Oversee and grow the undergraduate and graduate online programs including marketing, admissions, and advising.
- Work with international partners to develop and coordinate courses for dual degree programs on microcampuses.
Provide input on articulation plans for global dual degrees.
- Process University and Arizona Board of Regents’ applications for developing and modifying distance education programs and courses including program and course fees.
- Coordinate distance education programs with Arizona Online and the University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) Global Health Academic Programs.
- Coordinate the College’s Study Abroad programs with the UA Global and UAHS.
- Plan and implement new distance education programs
- Work with stakeholders to grow the enrollment in the college’s distance education programs.
- Develop and monitor teaching course evaluations and coordinate peer evaluation of instructors teaching distance education courses with Department Chairs.
- Ensure qualifications and trainings of instructors who provide distance education.
- Certify that students have met degree requirements.
- Engage distance learning students in College shared governance, research and community engagement as appropriate.
- Participate in College and University committees related to distance education.
- Communicate with the College’s Office of Student Services on issues related to student progress and student support activities.
- Develop marketing materials as needed.
- Provide presentations to potential students and other stakeholders about the college’s distance education programs.
- Supervise distance education staff.
- Teach courses as needed.
- Terminal degree (preferably in public health)
- Experience with teaching online and distance education in higher education.
- Three years of experience with administration of higher education programs.
- Ability to travel 4-6 times per year, including international travels.
* Experience in administering distance education programs. * Experience with international programs. * Experience in course development using online platforms, preferably D2L. Rank Tenure Information
Exempt Full Time/Part Time
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week
40+ Job FTE
Yes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay
$90,000 - $98,000 or DOECompensation Type
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies
1 Target Hire Date
5/3/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
Dean Iman Hakim Open Date
2/27/2020Open Until Filled
YesDocuments Needed to Apply
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant
Please submit a CV, a personal statement, a statement related to diversity and inclusion, as well as three references who can be contacted. Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.