Facilities Management and Services Worker II
This position/staff member will provide general cleaning, preventive maintenance and repair of parking facilities and grounds for the Field Operations Team of PTS. Primary function is to assist the Repair Engineer II and Assistant Director, Operation with general preventive and scheduled maintenance using a variety of equipment to maintain all parking facilities and equipment in an operational and clean, attractive, orderly, safe and healthy condition and deliver Customer Service Excellence for Parking and Transportation Services. This position also assists in submitting reports and maintaining accurate on-hand and consumption levels of supplies, materials, decals, signs for parking facilities and grounds.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains facilities, grounds and equipment to provide a clean, attractive, orderly and safe parking environment on campus.
- Performs daily upkeep and scheduled preventive maintenance of parking facilities and equipment to deliver consistent, reliable and excellent services to Parking and Transportation Services’ customers.
- Performs short-notice and/or nonstandard work activities required deliver of Parking and Transportation Services excellence throughout campus.
- Routinely operates power and hand tools to perform repair and maintenance activities.
- Provides timely and accurate reports, including supporting documentation, of status of parking facilities and equipment.
Supervises student workers.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Employees work outdoors and may not be protected from weather conditions.
- Temperatures above 100 degrees for more than an hour
- Hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles,
electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals in work setting.
- Oils: There is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids.
Rate of Pay$14.37Compensation Typehourly rate Grade4 Career Stream and LevelOC2Job FamilyFacilities Mgmt & Services Job FunctionFacil, Grounds, & Infra Type of criminal background check required:Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department) Number of Vacancies2 Target Hire Date3/4/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesElton [email protected] Open Date2/27/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResumeSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.