Business Analyst I, Division of Human Resources
The Division of Human Resources Recruitment and Outreach team is seeking a committed colleague who will quickly become a vital resource and trusted problem solver. This is an excellent opportunity for a collaborative individual to partner with our Business Analyst, Senior to provide technical and analytical support. Together, you will support the system administration of the University’s applicant tracking software, create technical guidance, and acts as a technical liaisons between our software vendor (Cornerstone), campus partners, and the recruitment team. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Excel and interested in strengthening their data analysis skills.
Our team values exceptional quality, integrity, and responsiveness. We strive to make critical decisions, exercise good judgment, and maintain good client relations. We are creative professionals in a flexible and supportive work environment that fosters team engagement, innovative thinking, and lifelong learning.
Our Top Performers
• Love to solve problems and learn new things
• Enjoy helping others and collaborating on projects
• Are resourceful and aren’t afraid to ask questions
• Care about quality and strive for excellence
• Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state andoptional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; andmore!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit http://talent.arizona.edu/
Duties & ResponsibilitiesA typical day in the life of a Business Analystincludes:
- Acts as a technicalliaison for Cornerstone software system to include supporting systemsupgrade/maintenance, gathering functional user requirements, definingspecifications for new work orders, submitting change requests in ticketingsystem, writing and executing use cases and test cases, creating technicaldocumentation, operating procedures, process flows, and training guides.
- Acts as point ofcontact for report requests to include compilation, preparation, and analysisof applicant and requisition data.
- Acts as a partneridentifying new or revised processes and systems for optimization to includeresearch, testing, and participation in internal and external meetings. Helpsdefine requirements and test plans, and reviews results to ensure businessgoals are met. Works with cross-functional teams to address and solve systemissues.
- Perform other dutiesas assigned or required to meet team goals and objectives.
- Skilled in interpersonal communications
- Skilled in writtencommunications with an emphasis on business email correspondence
- Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to present technical business information and data to all types ofaudiences
- Ability to buildcollaborative interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to manage multipletasks and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- One or more years of relevant experience, which can include business internships and/or student projects and/or previous work experience that fostered growth of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed under Duties & Responsibilities.
- Two or more years of relevant experience utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with SaaS cloud based software systems
Open Date7/13/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.