Adjunct Faculty - Clinical Nursing Fall 2020/Spring 2021
The Nursing Department is seeking Clinical Adjuncts for the RN program for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. Applicants must have experience in Med Surg, ICU, ER, Fundamentals, or OB/Peds/and Psych. Responsible for teaching the clinical portion of nursing courses in accordance with the philosophy, vision, mission, policies, and procedures of the college.ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Teach clinical portion of classes at clinical sites designated in accordance with college policy and contract provisions for the nursing program.
- Apply course content to the clinical setting through working with the Team Leader on established objectives for the course. Employ a variety of assessment tools; evaluate grades and comment on student work in a timely fashion in order to facilitate and ensure student progress throughout the course.Communicate with students as appropriate. This may include email, online discussions, virtual chats within the Learning Management System, instant messaging (IM), telephone and/or face-to-face consultations to provide frequent feedback. Refer students to appropriate college and community services when needed.Communicate to students how they will be available to assist patients at the clinical site.Maintain records of student progress and performance; complete and return required reports to the appropriate Team Leader by established due date.Develop, prepare and evaluate instructional materials, as required by chair or director.Collaborate with program director and Team Leader to review and maintain the integrity of the curriculum by allowing students to only perform skills that have been checked off in the nursing laboratory at CAC.
2. College/Community Service and Shared Governance:
- Recognize the goals and mission of the college to maintain a positive professional and educational environment that promotes student success and enhances community relations.
3. Professional Development:
- Are invited to attend and participate in professional development activities and/or faculty meetings in the Nursing Division.Cultivate knowledge of trends, pedagogy, andragogy, and new technologies.Participate in the evaluation process as defined by Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION: Bachelors of Science in Nursing
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience as an RN with an unencumbered license.
Must have experience in Med Surg, ICU, ER, Fundamentals, or OB/Peds/and Psych.
The rate of pay for Adjunct Faculty for the 2020-2021 Academic Year is $736.00 per credit hour.
Please note: Your application materials will remain in the part-time pool for one year from date of receipt. This does not imply application for a full-time teaching position. If a full-time position becomes available, you must submit new materials for the advertised position.
Be current in subject area and possess the ability to evaluate students in the clinical setting through observation of knowledge, skills and abilities related to nursing practice in the designated area of expertise/clinical setting.
Duties require physical effort in working with students at a clinical site and includes light fatigue of eyes, fingers, or other faculties due to long periods of standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motion and viewing a monitor. Some specialized faculty positions may require the lifting of heavier weights although lifting may be assisted.
Demonstrate the willingness as well as the capacity to cooperate in a professional and courteous manner with other college employees and students. Share knowledge and contribute to helping others collegially while supporting the mission of the College.
Job is performed at clinical sites in Arizona. Distractions such as noise, interruptions, or congested work areas with exposure to some disagreeable elements may be encountered.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.