Student Success Coach
If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University.
Oregon State Ecampus is seeking a Student Success Coach to join our team. Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The Student Success Coach is a professional faculty member in Oregon State University Ecampus, the university’s top-ranked online education provider, and reports to the Assistant Director of Student Success. The Student Success Coach develops and enhances relationships with students, staff and faculty to support student enrollment, persistence and success in Ecampus distance degree programs. The Success Coach will work with online students throughout the student cycle (i.e. admission through graduation) by implementing systems and processes to address student success and retention in distance programs and courses and to enhance the online student experience. In addition, this person will contribute to other OSU Ecampus initiatives in collaboration with Ecampus colleagues involved with course development, marketing and program insights. The purpose of this position is aligned with the Oregon State University mission to achieve student access, persistence and success through graduation and beyond. This position may require occasional travel as part of training, professional development or outreach efforts.
OSU Ecampus is an innovative and creative organization with a commitment to providing nationally ranked online degrees and programs that offer access to high quality education. OSU Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Ecampus OER (open educational resources) and the Ecampus Research Unit (which conducts original research).
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus are committed to maintaining and enhancing a collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equal opportunity. All employees of Ecampus are responsible for helping to ensure that these commitments are achieved. Student Success Coaches support a diverse student population and advocate for online learners through student support and professional partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience working with students to promote student success or navigate educational systems OR a minimum of three years of experience being an advocate or navigator in a related ﬁeld.
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex processes and information via phone and email.
- Proﬁciency using online technologies and ability to learn and adapt to new tools.
- Demonstrated excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize duties and navigate in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualiﬁed as per OSU Standard 576- 055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months. Offers of employment are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualiﬁcations including the criminal history check requirement.
- Master’s degree in counseling, student services administration, career counseling, adult education or closely related ﬁeld, or professional development/education in a similar field.
- Experience with online learning or working with online learners.
- Demonstrated experience working with adult learners or non-traditional students.
- Experience working with active-duty military and veterans and family members
- Experience providing academic counseling/coaching, motivational interviewing or strengths-based coaching.
- Experience as an academic advisor in higher education.
- Understanding of adult lifespan development and experience counseling individuals who are facing a variety of life challenges.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more information and to apply, go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/93393
Application deadline - August 25th, 2020