Student Activities Programs Intern
Job InformationClassification Number900547Classification TitleStudent Activities Programs InternDepartmentDean of StudentsLevelLevel C (Specialist)Job Description
The Programs Intern is an experienced Middlebury College student who serves as a para-professional member of the Student Activities team. The key responsibilities of this position include:
1. Assisting with the registration and monitoring of student organizations
2. Managing Presence, our student organization database, and serving as a Presence trainer for student organizations
3. Managing the Student Activities email account
4. Assisting the SGA Student Organizations Committee with the annual student organization review process
5. Planning and organizing the fall and spring Activities Fairs
6. Organizing and facilitating the annual Cocoa & Collaboration event for student organizations
7. Revising the Student Activities website so that it is comprehensive, inviting and easy for student org leaders to use
8. Marketing student org events throughout campus and creating new methods for getting student leaders more involved with Student Activities programs and trainings
9. Representing Student Activities at Orientation events
10. Assisting as needed with other Student Activities projects that emerge over the course of the year
Approximately 8-10 hours per week during the academic year.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; top-notch organization skills; self-motivation and the ability to work independently on projects; positive attitude and interest in learning, thinking creatively, and working as a member of a team; high level of motivation, ability to inspire others, and commitment to serving as a role model; previous facilitation experience; previous student organization and leadership experience preferred.
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, (Drupal, InDesign, and Presence knowledge is preferred); familiarity with student organizations at Middlebury College.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Are you the recipient of Federal Work Study or College Job as stated on your financial aid award letter?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2