INFIRM STUDENT DRIVER (part time- weekends), University Health Services, COVID-19 Back2BU Healt...
INFIRM STUDENT DRIVER (part time- weekends), University Health Services, COVID-19 Back2BU Health and Safety InitiativeTracking CodeCO21 Job Description
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations in Parking & Transportation Services, this position will be a part of a team responsible for transporting students either medically-quarantined or who have tested positive for COVID. Position will drive a 15-passenger van throughout the Boston University Campus. Primary duties include assisting students as needed from one location to another as well as sanitizing the van in between trips following CDC and University cleaning protocols. Personal Protective Equipment will be provided and must be worn at all times.
- Using a University cell phone which remains in the vehicle or with driver at all times. Students will call the driver to arrange for pick-up and delivery from the student’s permanent housing assignment to a temporary housing assignment.
- Sanitize/clean the van in between trips using approved CDC and University cleaning protocols.
- Assist students, as needed, which may include, but not limited to, getting student and personal belongings in and out of the vehicle.
- Fill up and service van as needed using provided gas card. Report any service issues or vehicle maintenance issues
Education, Work Experience, and Skills:
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- 6 to 12 months of related experience
- Work schedule is Saturday and Sunday
- Two shifts available 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 2:00 pm- 10:00 pm
- Must be comfortable driving a 15-passenger van in the City
- Valid MA drivers license required
- EMT certification or equivalent preferred